Vegan Chocolate + Banana Crepes 🍌🍫 // If you're craving something sweet for breakfast then these beauties from @elavegan are just the ticket for you! Vegan gluten free crepes with homemade chocolate spread (made from just peanut flour, cacao powder, maple syrup + water)... yes please! Ela has some awesome recipes on her blog http://elavegan.com that are definitely worth checking out. Her tasty recipe is 👇
• 1 scant cup oat flour, gluten free (90 g)
• 4 tbsp tapioca flour/starch (28 g) - It's important to not sub tapioca flour/starch in this recipe, as it makes the crepe more elastic/flexible.
• 4 tbsp potato starch or corn starch (28 g)
• 2 tbsp ground flax seeds (10 g)
• 1 1/2 cups plant milk (I used coconut milk) (360 ml)
• 1/2 tbsp maple syrup (30 g)
• Process all ingredients in your food processor or just whisk them together in a bowl
• Heat a non-stick pan/skillet (10 inch ceramic skillet) with some oil over medium heat
• Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan, swirl the batter around to coat the pan evenly. Cook for about 2-4 minutes or until you can easily lift a side of the crepe (don't try to flip the crepe too early). After you carefully flipped the crepe, cook for a further 1-2 minutes
• After a while the batter will get thicker (because of the ground flax seeds), just add a little bit more plant milk
• Fill your crepes with a chocolate spread + your favourite fillings + enjoy!
Happy Sunday ☺🙏🏻💚